Barbaric Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbaric Castle

For those of Barbaric Castle

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

preparing the feast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Cara,

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-02-26

preparing the feast Empty
PostSubject: preparing the feast   preparing the feast Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:29 am

(the rp of aelflead preparing the menu)

KITCHEN
once within, she listened as someone rattled off what all they had...

she paused.three days

she looked to the bakers

Begin making bowls....we need at least 700 to feed the guests at the coronation,

I wish a light beef brother served in it, so make sure the bowls will not be of the eating kind, serving only, I merely wish the flavor from the barley...I also think a light spring onion sprinkled on top would be pleasant

turning then to the scullery.. i want every pot and pan, and dish sparkling...polish all the silver....

the King will eat upon the golden plates, as will a Lady beside him i'm sure

who ever has his favor that night

the rest of the high table, will eat off of the silver....all with the crystal glasses

the lower tables can eat off pewter, if any visiting royalty is here, I would ask that they placed at the high table...they out rank any one else

at least 26 places at the high table, if we do not have that much silver, get it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed Feb 27 16:06:46 ~
Aelflead{slave} said: KITCHEN
she blinked as they went off...she had no experiance with this..but she had listened when told of Isidors father's coronation, so she was emulating that

she squared her shoulders, and nodded taking a deep breath

ales, and wines....we will need to procure at least 30 more barrels of each, there will be much drinking I am sure

the first remove I wish to have small pastries that can just be ate from trays....

after that the soup to prepare their palates, a honey drink served in between

after that, I would request we have a chicken dish...

perhaps chicken legs with pomegrante sauce, trickled over with a light grain...perhaps a barley

KITCHEN
she nodded, as she listened to a few other speak...and nodded "yes of course, we should have a light veg dish after that remove...perhaps some of the spring growth from the herb garden would be nice, with a light oil dressing"

turning her head then...she paused..

Venison...."I assume the Ranger will return with some wild meat, we should be ready for boar...or venison..either will work nicely, if it is boar, I would like to roast it whole on the spit....with a honey glaze in the last hour of its roasting, if it's venison....perhaps a hearty roast with a black pepper, and ginger sauce...perhaps a canoline sauce, a sauce made from red wine and cinnamon..."

she smiled nodding as the various people set off to gether the herbs, to buy the wines, buy the ales....

she stopped

And Holy Mother please boil four vats of water and cool it so the guests can have just that should they wish

do not give them anything that has not been cooked
Wed Feb 27 16:16:36 ~
Aelflead{slave} said: that prepared...she would work on the fifth..and six removes later..
a dessert, well..she noticed a goodly amount of beets left in the larder, she would make a beet pie....for the guests, it worked well..

as well a light mint drink....to follow the ales
Back to top Go down
Queen Cara,

PostSubject: perhaps i undersized the menue   preparing the feast Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Myth No. 3: Medieval feasts were merely big.
While a Medieval Times castle seats anywhere from 900 to 1,500 people a night, and the Excalibur's Tournament of Kings about 2,000 (a thousand at each seating), no present-day medieval feast comes even close to approaching the enormity of some of the Middle Ages' heavy-hitters. We don't know exactly how many people attended the marriage feast of Henry III's daughter in 1251, but we do know that they gorged on 1,300 deer; 7,000 hens; 170 boars; 60,000 herring; and 68,500 loaves of bread. Feasters at the enthronement party for England's Archbishop of Neville in 1465 consumed 1,000 sheep; 2,000 pigs; 2,000 geese; 4,000 rabbits; and 12 porpoises and seals. No less than 11,000 eggs were eaten at a 1387 feast for Richard II*. By comparison, the Excalibur goes through a paltry 2,000 Cornish game hens each night.
Back to top Go down
Gregorick WaltheSeer

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: preparing the feast   preparing the feast Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Dear gods!*Jaw gape at the amount of meat*L*

Well, uh...all things considered, perhaps we could use a bit of poetic license on how much hunting was going on for the coranation, and most of it to be NPC'ed...Cause the ranger's not bringing in that much wild game, not in three days, not in thirty either*LOL*

But, as I said to you Aelflead in mail, wild fowl is in to prepare for the feast, and the large hunt (we'll say for the king's own table then*L*) will be tommorow*Nods*
Back to top Go down
Lord Varek

Lord Varek

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: preparing the feast   preparing the feast Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:31 pm

**Watched; heard; all being prepared; it was true; I picked; the right woman; or allowed; the right one; to tend to such duties. Her way around the cooking; did she know. Inward smile**

ooc:: More personnal note; thank you, as well to add the info of history to this; it helps perhaps some; to clear the way; of knowing. You could also say; it had been being prepared; just waiting for the Kings announcement.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cara,

PostSubject: Re: preparing the feast   preparing the feast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:17 am

yes my Lord, I'll role play that out and scrpit it here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: preparing the feast   preparing the feast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

preparing the feast
Page 1 of 1