Barbaric Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbaric Castle

For those of Barbaric Castle

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas

Go down 
+2
Lady Isabella
Gregorick WaltheSeer
6 posters
AuthorMessage

ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Empty
PostSubject: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:59 pm

this post is completely ooc..a discussion of the Character Shareena the changes of and perhaps get some ideas on a new direction for her..

First i want to say that NO!! it has nothing to do with any jealousy toward Talia or anyone

(i do not think that whom so ever is assailing my mail is of this play but perhaps a lurker??..in any case i have typed this because if a anon luker would think this then perhasp some here might as well and as i don't give a rats ass what a lurker thinks..i do care what those here for whom i've become rather fond of think)

what has happened is that i feel Shareena is a strong woman and maybe that has made people feel she dominates the play that was never the intent..
yes she is a strong woman,strong willed,angry still at the events that have befallen her here,proud and i hope beautiful in that pride.yes to some extent she has found a growth of love for her Lord/Master but and i do mean BUT!!.. at no time had i ever expected that she should be Vareks sole interest..

to be honest in as much as the Character Varek and Shareena do play off each other well..far better then i'd ever thought..it is also a hinderance..Varek needs to move forward evolve..He is 2nd in line to the throne of Barbarous and once wed to the Princess Talia.. King in his own right to the lands she brings into that..Shareena was the first awakening to the possibility of the Shadow Son and the idea of him being able to love anyone,now i feel it's time for Shareena to fade to the back round so that as befitting His destiny he can move toward that..

not because of jealousy of which i don't have and have not given to Shareena,but because she is to my mind not yet ready to mellow yet,perhaps eventually either by one coming along that somehow tempers or even cools her fire some or that she simply gives into her lot and excepts it..but for her to stay as she is..i think would hurt the developing play between Varek and Talia and I don't want that..

the player of Varek and the player of Shareena are friends have been for a long while and remain as such

so on to ideas of what exactly to do with Shareena..

should she remain a BC slave?

should she *gulp* swallow her pride enough to swear to the King (won't that just stick in her craw a bit lol)and ask the boon of her release from collar and castle..?

maybe go off and open an Inn or Tavern somewhere in a village central to all lands of the kingdom and those that might be outlaying, making the place a hub of activity for incomeing travelers and out going one's (in this way those i adore from the castle can come from time to time and visit (winks..can you imagine the spitfire Shareena as a tavern owner..lol).

or i'm up for any other ideas that anyone might have??

thank you all for reading and any thoughts that might come from it..i do adore you all..
Back to top Go down
Gregorick WaltheSeer

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Shareena? I dont know you, but I DO know Varek's player.

As a real life friend, for over ten years. And while I'm not going to touch the issues between you and Varek's player, ooc'ly, with a ten foot pole...

You are coming across, ic'ly and ooc'ly, to myself and many, as very jealous of his roleplay with others, yes.

*Shrugs* So, I thought you should be told bluntly, how you seem about this, to other people.

As to what you do with your character, it would be interesting to see her ask for her freedom as a boon from Isidore. Considering no man is asking for that on her behalf, and she's not a noble...I'd be curious to see if it would even be granted? If such was done, then I hope you'll keep her in play somehow, I know quite a few here are fond of your character*Nods with a small smile*

Though I dont see a woman, in Barbarous, without a man to at least be a legal figurehead, owning and operating any business...Eh*Shrugs again* But that's my take on the way Barbarous is, as far as women as second class citizens.

Maybe you should ask the Admin, the setting is his creation, after all.

Best of luck with whatever happens, take it easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:14 pm

you should know i too have known the player behind Varek for as long as you..

i'm sorry you and these others seem to think what you think..or see the play as what you think it is rather then what it truely is..what i stated above for me any way is true i don't see Shareena as a part of what the play needs to become..
He needs to move in a direction i don't feel she fits in..not because she's jealous..because she can't yet mellow as the storyline now requires..i like her as she is..

it's funny you had a problem with play that had been forced on you..but thats ok cause it you..but i'm not allowed to change direction of my character?? and i don;t even feel that the play is being force on me..just that the direction is heading in a place i don't think fits my character..
so for me as far as you and these others are concerned it's jealousy??..thats bull shit..

it's roleplay..things shift and change all the time,.. why people feel the need to make it more then what it is and say things that are hurtfull..is beyond me..

*sighs* i waste breath..you will think as you wish..if anyone had truely tried to understand the character or had paid any real attention to her actions from the first..they would know better..

i can at least thank you for one thing..you've settled for me that i no longer wish to play here..i am damn tired of being accused of things i'm not even trying to do..

thank you for your input..take care..
Back to top Go down
Lady Isabella

Lady Isabella

Female Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 pm

~frowns~

First, I don't think it is right for Gregorick to speak for anyone but himself. To say for himself is fine, but many, which many? Let them sign their own names here if that is the case. I, for one do not see your play as anything but good play. How is Shareena suppose to feel in character when the one she loves cannot marry her and is turning to another? In any real situation wouldn't there be some jealousy? Still, I do not find any problems personally with your play and wish you would reconsider. One player does not speak for all of us who play here. If more feel as Gregorick does again let them sign here and I shall admit I am wrong.

Shareena, you are a gifted writer and I hope you will reconsider your decision. I don't know about the ooc stuff. I try to stay out of those things because I am here to game. I think you have a right to change the course of your play as does anyone else. I really hope you will reconsider and remain a part of this great group of writers ~hugs~
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:55 pm

Okay...I'm going to say something here. When I first played, there were some who found my character draining...and admittedly, I did consider leaving because I was hurt. But, I stayed...I adjusted her in a way that fit the character and I hope that she's no longer found to be such a drain on people. My roleplay didn't seem to come across as I meant it to, but there it is...it's a fact.

Instead of storming off because people thought you jealous...why not move her in a direction that will aid the character development? You don't need anyone else to do that - Nimue did it on her own, and yeah, she still has struggles with things. Maybe settle her a bit at a time? Or ask a boon of your freedom and have shareena travel? Maybe see if you can open a temple - adjusting the religious "laws" as you need? All I'm saying is, really, storming off does not enhance the view of you. If you truly don't wish to be here or are not having fun with the rp, then I'm sorry - I don't think that was anyone's intent by saying anything. If you feel you need to leave, then by all means...but storming off isn't the best impression. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 pm

to Lady Isabella>
thank you sweetie for your sweet words..
the thing is..she's not jealous..anyone actually reading the play would see she and Talia had begun to form a friendship..but the player of Varek is trying to become softer gentler i guess..and i was only playing Shareena as i'd always done..hating and loving him all at the same time..at no time did i say or even think of hating or resenting Talia..
He changed the way he played varek and it made it look like what it was not..i understand that He wants to move in a different way with the character..i just didn't feel I wanted to move in that way with mine..but now hurtful things have been said and i refuse to be accused of something i've not done..never intened to do and wouldn't do..

perhaps it was inevitable that this would happen..Varek and Shareena developing as they did..it would figure that as Varek changed his character toward something more human and shareena being as she always has been..would see it as being jealous..
sadly even by those who should have known better..

the simple truth of it is..i was not ready for shareena to except her fate yet..and she would have had to in order for her to flow in the direction the play seemed to be taking..i did what i thought was best for my character..and how i wanted to play her..as i should have been able..i truely don't see how shareena could continue..there has already been a noticable seperation in many of the chars..this would only make it worse..i'd rather not be a part of that..
better one player leave so others can play in comfort..rather then stay and make many uncomfortable and wind up avoiding her and making the hurt feelings worse..
Back to top Go down
Lady Isabella

Lady Isabella

Female Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:10 am

I think that you have to decide for yourself what you do with your character. What others say only matters if you let it matter. Taking advice, listening to opinions if fine but if it's going to hurt you then you have to do what is right for you. Shareena is your character and you are the only one who can plot her course. I do have to agree with Nimue to an extent, I don't think it is good to simply leave without giving a change a try. But again, it is your choice and whatever you decide, I wish you well. You know I've enjoyed our play together and you would be sorely missed by me. ~hugs~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:24 am

Nimue> if you read back..i had been trying to do that..but was told i had no right to ask a boon or that to play a woman owning a tavern or whatever.as i'm not a noble and only nobles are granted boons...wasn't in keeping with the theme..which i felt was rather funny as this realm is not so tightly based on a strict adhearance to the middle ages..maybe i miss understood the idea of this realm..*shrugs*

you have every right to change your character as you see fit..as does anyone..and i have a right not too or to move her in a different direction..at least i thought so..

as you can see from my first post..i had not intended to storm any place..just explain that i didn't see her fitting into the current play and it's direction and asking for ideas on a new direction for her..

the storming came later..

thank you for your words..*smiles* best of luck in your play
Back to top Go down
Talia

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 am

Wow,, ok I"m going to say something here since it involves me to an extent

I won't deny that a few have spoken to me about if it was jealousy,, Heck if I knew for sure, don't say much OOC to anyone,, While Varek himself was yes, giving me Middle age information to read and such, as far as RPing things that stayed silent,

Thing I don't understand here honestly.. I Love Shareena and RPing with her,,
I love the plots that would and could end up around Shareena and Talia when it came to Varek..
YES Varek has a dark side,, that I NEVER see changing but Varek is to be a King,, and like Numue did with Isi,, while Isi has the hard shell, dark side,, all that stuff,, No one but his girls honestly see it, and Nimue draws that out of him, reminding him "he's a man

Same thing goes with Varek,, Talia draws the man out of him, the past he's had,,, all that ,, confusion sets in, he's got both us out there where NO ONE ELSE can see what he's doing,,
Why? ~shrugs~ I assumed it was so he can show sides of himself that he'll let no one else see,,, Trying to twist Talia around his finger,, Hell believe me, personally Talia thinks something is up he's being too damn nice, and more then likely something is up,, it's like the calm before the storm..

Men have many aspects to them,, I had come to figure between how strong Shareena is, and how Talia is confusing the man in him, so many twist could have come out of the RP.. Eventually Talia try to calm Shareena or possibly Talia turns against her if she won't calm, ((LOL More Darkness)) which would probably piss off Varek enough to make him become cold towards Talia for getting cruel with Shareena eventually...

Right now all i seen was Varek trying to find the middle ground of what it is.. what he needs to be,, King yes,, man around Talia, but Darkness,, he is,, and always will be,, even Talia knew that much,, but as far as the RPing all this goes,, to me it was a world wind, storm, that constantly brewed around them all.. Mixture of emotions, anger, feeling love for him,, all trying to figure out where that middle ground was.. and if it could ever be achieved.. made for interesting out comes that's for dang sure...

I'd hate to see you go,, I really loved RPing with you.. I'm not judging you if you choose to leave, but I'd honestly hate to see you go...
Back to top Go down
Nimue

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 am

I meant only that there are alternatives to leaving...I have no idea what a good direction for Shareena would be, as I've had very little interaction with the character herself. Nor do I tend to lurk everywhere - I get overwhelmed by the amount of reading! So, I have no opinion as to whether Shareena seems jealous or not...but, that is neither her nor there really.

There is always going to be some shifting and parting of ways between characters - and to think that you've caused it all is folly. Some of it happens through rp, some of it happens as r/t opinions of each other change....and for many other reasons, just like in life. I see a division in characters, but chalked it up to how the rp has gone in general rather than any one specific character and/or incident.

Do what you feel you must, no one wants you here if you're going to be miserable! But know that there *are* options that can be explored so that you can keep Shareena at least close to what you see for her if not exact. Sometimes, in rp, characters have to be adjusted just a little....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:19 am

Talia..thank you..for not seeing her actions as jealousy..as they had not been..in fact had it been left alone it might have gone as you saw in the possibilites..as i had a few thoughts on some possibilities myself..

in as much as players can feed off each other..sometimes if your going to venture away from the norm..it's a good idea to perhaps let those your playing against know it..so even as you had shown here and in play you thought him up to something dark..so would shareena and she would in turn act as she had always done..thats all i did..not until the accusations bagan did i think to perhaps just change her direction to a different place..
yes it saw spur of the moment and done with hurt feelings..

then this morning as i thought about it..that this was not the first time not even the second..that perhaps it would be better to move her away from that play and try to find another direction for her..then the resulting slap..was to say the least the last straw..

anyway whats done is done..it's just time to let it be and let it pass..

i still wish everyone the best of luck and great success
Back to top Go down
Lord Varek

Lord Varek

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:11 am

First thing is first.
I will state now; I believe Shareena you should not have brought all of this onto the cork.
The asking for idea;s fine, but to bring up; the jealousy thing; has in many ways over stepped.
Second as I have not been around all day and all in true concern knew this, including you shareena; displeases me that you made this post; knowing I would not be online for some time.
Thirdly; you have come to the cork once before, in such a way; to place blame on others because a preplanned rp between you and I was ruined; because something else had come up in the story line itself, and in role play.
I will say this here and now; I had thought you and I agreed; that such will happen; that there is no way to keep you updated on every single little tid bit that happens to Varek; in role play. When you are not here. It seems that did not set to well. I do not know I will not assume to know; in truth.

I do know this; you "claim" Varek is mellowing out, becoming softer; but as Talia@jag has stated; Varek will always have a dark side; just because you perhaps; did not like that I was allowing some softness; and some fun play; come with Varek when no one is around; is not my fault on this end. That is what you do not like as you have plainly stated.
But just as I will not assume what you are thinking; do not assume what I am for Varek in play.

I did not wish to see such as this come to the boards. I have always tried to keep things behind the screen.
Last time; while I was in whispers trying to sort things out with you; you swiftly went into the rooms ooc'ly and told all you was leaving.
If you wish to leave; that is your choice; I have heard such from you several times now; for many reasons; not just over issues between you and I.
**leaves that there and untouched**

Now about what Greg has said about asking for boons; if you have noticed he did not say that, and slaves have asked for boons. So you can still do that. Though you say you do not wish to mellow out, I do wonder how you can run an inn personnally.
That is my own opinion.

As to Greg knowing me the same amount of time, as you. You are wrong. I will not speak to much; but I will say this. Greg's player has known me far longer than you; interacts one on one with me in person several times a year; for years. When we lived in the same side by side cities; we visited alot more often then we do now. Greg's player and I know the other and is my literally best friend.
You I have known mostly online; for about 6yrs.

I will say this. I have told you many times; to take a small breather; relax; and understand that sometimes; role play takes a turn. Not always will it stay in a certain guided way; for a long time.
Just because Varek is willing to show a different side; does not mean he has mellowed out.

As I said you leaving is your choice; I do believe in my strongest of thoughts; you are a good role player; and I believe you should stay.
But to have taken this step in this kind of post; is not good in my eyes. Things should have stayed behind the scenes as long as possible.
On this I am truelly disappointed; I let the first time you did this, slide; thinking it wouldnt happen again.

Varek's player
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:38 am

*shrugs* whatever i'm not responsible for the little twisted fantasies you come up with in your head..

i expect i won't be the only one to wind up crsued under then either, i'm sure i'm not the first or the last..

take care..
Back to top Go down
Lady Jocelyn deSpencer

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:39 am

~addressing only the IC question, although it may be a moot point now... but..~

Though i realize that this is a very male dominated realm... would it then be impossible for a woman to own a tavern? i am still so new, and coming from Beware, where "everything is possible", i am trying to adjust my way of thinking and my expectations. With all due respect to the creators of this realm, and to the setting, if it is true that women will never be allowed as anything other than princess, slave or wife.... it becomes rather a case of too many hens and not enough...err... well that analogy didn't work, but.... it seems to narrow the playing field tremendously.

Simply curious,
Jocelyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas   ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ooc explination on current changes and asking for ideas
Page 1 of 1