Barbaric Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbaric Castle

For those of Barbaric Castle

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storyline Idea/New Character

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Isabella

Lady Isabella

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Storyline Idea/New Character Empty
PostSubject: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:21 pm

I have been thinking of bringing in another character into the realm. I have spoken with Gregorick about this because it concerns the Zackfare storyline and we agreed that I should bring it here to see what everyone else thought of the idea. Please post your thoughts, opinions, suggestions. Gregorick can post his thoughts that were expressed in the mailroom here as he might have changed his mind since we talked.

The character would be called Johara, in arabic that means "jewel". She would be the "Jewel of Zackfare" either sister or daughter to the King of Zackfare or a very close relation, like a brother. Gregorick did mention that he saw Zackfare as different than Barbarus, more middle eastern with a Sultan type leader as opposed to the traditional King. Given this, Johara would have been raised to be a leader herself, a warrior for her people, unlike the Ladies of Barbarus. (Her character would be more fleshed out if people would like to see this played). Only woman of the noble classes would be granted this privilege, lower classes in Zackfare would still be enslaved as in Barbarus.

She would be the leader, unknown to Barbarus of course, of a band of raiders and assassins, the number of her companions would be no more than 50 at any one time, striking at isolated and selected spots of Barbarus and giving the men of Barbarus some fight. The goal would be to eventually capture her, but you all would have to work at that, she won't come easy, she is as well trained as any man. ~s~ She would appear first as a mysterious figure, her identity revealed as things were played out.

I know it's been stated on the corks that we need more of the enemy to be played and so I was thinking this might be fun and might also encourage others to join up with the opposition. I would definitely welcome anyone else who wanted to join in! As I said, I am open to what everyone has to say and if there is a concensus that you'd rather not have this in play, I would accept that.

Sorry this is so sketchy, as I said I will flesh her out later. I look forward to hearing your opinions. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gregorick WaltheSeer

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:36 pm

*Grins and giving Bella a thumbs up*

I'm Gregorick WaltheSeer, and I approve this message....

*Snorts and turns off the political ad*LOL* In all serious'ness though, yes, Bella has my approval on this. I never wanted to keep others from jumping on the Zackfare wagon if they wished, I just wanted to be well...talked to about it first, if it was going to be of anything major*L*

Yes, Zackfare, in my mind's eye, is more of a middle eastern type nation. Sultan, palace of beautiful wives, adoration of the people almost as if he were a god...Yeaaaaaah, the Sultan of Zackfare is an arrogant bastard and sly*L* If this new character of Bella's is his daughter or sister, she'd be spoiled and insolent...Perfect foil for the men of Barbarous to want to beat into submission, personaly as well as politicaly*L*

While Barbarous is the way it is, as far as women are concerned, it is not so in the rest of the world, obviously. Therefore, if this female royal of Zackfare is played as as well trained as any man in battle and so on, then that should be kept in mind, I think. However, as a female, she would still be weaker then a man, in hand to hand combat.

Though honestly guys...Most women ARE more dexterous, then most men*L* I think she could shape up possibly to be a worthy opponent.

Politicaly and as far as the raids she'd be leading, there needs to be some fine tuning as to the why of it though? Also, she and the small number of troops would need to get through the western provinces first, before heading into the mainland area of Barbarous...

And trust me, the other Rangers of the western provinces (points to the post about them), would be hounding her and the Zackfare troops she led, like no tommorow. So, when you go to put her into play, keep that in mind Bella. They may be few in number, but they know the wilds like the back of their own eyelids, and in many cases have the love and support of the people of the west, as....Barring military action against the border, the Rangers are often the only protection the people of Barbarous out there have, against the enemy so close to them.

The Rangers will send word though, to the King through Gregorick if need be, of the situation. So dont expect to keep her raiding and pillaging out there for long, without retaliation*L*

Ok, that's it for me for the moment, please, if anyone else has any ideas, questions or comments, then please speak up! Originaly, I planned on the whole part of Zackfare from Gregorick's past, to be brought out slowly...It became alive in play, all on it's own though, and I'm glad that so many are enjoying this play aspect. So please, speak up!
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:24 am

I am willing to make a character for this storyline as well - perhaps another noble born lady to take up with Jahara? I would be willing to have her captured and tortured...even killed at some point.

If it's agreeable, lemme know and we can work something out for a character Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Talia

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:12 am

~thinks on this a moment, then grins~ heck, why not if the "Males" that have the story line going think it's cool, apparenttly already set me up with one they did,, LOL
Back to top Go down
Gregorick WaltheSeer

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:58 am

Oh, so you all think you're amazons now, eh?

*Grins wickedly, this should prove interesting*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storyline Idea/New Character   Storyline Idea/New Character Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storyline Idea/New Character
Page 1 of 1