Barbaric Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbaric Castle

For those of Barbaric Castle

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katsumi

Katsumi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-21

The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi Empty
PostSubject: The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi   The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:50 am

Character name

Katsumi

(Last name is secret for now)

Female

Ethinicity

Asian (Japanese)

Social status

Shirabyōshi

(Shirabyōshi came about in the late Heian period. It was time of cultural change, so in order for some women to survive they turned to performing. After their inception, Japan experienced a shirabyōshi boom in which many women became shirabyōshi because of their popularity. A shirabyōshi was always a woman who dressed in men's attire, performing dances for the gods. The name shirabyōshi meant "white rhythm", partly because of their make-up, and their songs were slow and rhythmic. They were required to be educated, being able to both read and write - they were talented poets, musicians, singers, and dancers.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirabyoshi

Appearance

As a shirabyoshi, Katsumi was a traveling woman warrior artist. However, her exploits taking her into the lands of western culture, she has pared down and adapted her ways to better fit in (and survive) in western society nations. Therefore she no longer dresses in the typical samurai warrior/men's attire. She is a lovely asian woman, with long flowing midnight hair and dark brown eyes, mysterious and yet lively and bright of spirit. Slender and graceful, but her body has been honed by training in the arts of both dance and battle, so a wiry strength lies beneath the veneer of a fragile lotus flower.

History

To be discussed only with those in the need to know. Partialy becouse I have'nt come up with all of it yet. Partialy becouse she's a secretive type.

BDSM

Yes

Non Consensual

Yes

Public or private

Either

Multiple partners

Not within the same scene, no

Sexual Orientation

Straight

Limits

SOI limits, death, dismemberment, animals, scat, and forced collaring. The last is why I will only be playing her at Varek's estate, I dont want her forced into a collar simply becouse she's not of western noble blood. Shirabyōshi were famed, and some even went on to become legends in their own right, as well as being lovers to famous samurai and emperors of legend as well. Katsumi has adjusted some of her shirabyoshi ways to survive and fit in here in the west, but she is no mere serf or slave. If play works out well, she will swear an oath of service to Lord Varek, as one of her station would have done in the east. And thereby, by oath and honor, serve him to the best of her abliites. This, in accordance with his second room rule

2. Secondly; not all will be made slaves that are women; until; clear it is; noble or not; instead of slave; collared; servant they will be.

Which, as the Duke of the Duchy of Ilarrio (the eastern province Duchy), is his right as soverign power over it, to make the rules for.

("Each of these duchy's is Sovereign, meaning outside of taxes paid to the crown, and pledges of fealty to the Crown they have leave to deal with their own affairs. By submitting a claim of fealty to the Crown they can protection and economic influence.")
Back to top Go down
Isidore

Isidore

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi   The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:18 am

Perhaps a Caveat is in order here

Yes all of the Duchys are Sovereign, but the oath of fealty also indicates that the Kings law will be upheld by the nobles entrusted top rule these Duchy's. While they have leave to direct and control their own affairs, any direct opposition to the Will fo the Crown had best be carefully concealed

Under the correct/incorrect ciurcumstances it could be contrued as treason

*winks*
Back to top Go down
Katsumi

Katsumi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi   The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:35 am

Well, I discussed a course of play to bring in Katsumi with Lord Varek's player. She is acting as a royal courier for the king of Warwick, sending letters to Varek and to his daughter Talia.

As a courier of the king of Warwick, I should think that she would be acorded some respect and at least not enslaved? If she would be enslaved anyways, despite being a trusted messanger of anouther nation, then I simply wont bring her into play at all.

Please let me know on this, I had no wish to cause a problem for others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi   The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shirabyoshi, Katsumi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barbaric Castle :: Out of Character Corks :: Character Creation-
Jump to: